Time to read: 2 minutes.
Really great Sony A7 III Tutorial videos on YouTube:
Sony RMT-P1BT remote control – Focus mode only works when the lens is in AF mode and the camera is in manual focus mode.
Leveler display: enter that mode by pressing the wheel where it says DISP twice.
Sony Callback Support
PC Remote Control / Streaming / Webcam
We use a USB cable because Sony’s wireless Wi-Fi connection is extremely awkward to use. In fact, it is a useless feature.
Sony Remote Commander
- How to program - and + buttons for zooming? When I try them, I get:
This operation or setting not available as follows: File format: RAW & JPEG
- If I plug in the USB cable, so I can retrieve the data, the remote stops working.
- When I plugged in the HDMI cable, the camera view screen went black. I changed a few settings and this no longer happens.
- When USB is connected, the HDMI output stops and I see "USB Mode Mass Storage" instead. I do not want this to happen.
Desktop Control vs. Streaming
Enable desktop control or streaming, but not both at the same time.
Format Memory Card
Video File Names
Many Sony cameras have for years not provided a way to set a video file name prefix. Video files are all named
___ defaults to
000. This is a problem when using more than one memory card, or after formatting a memory card. To provide a different value for
___, make a file called
____ is the starting number of the desired sequence. Unfortunately, the file name will roll over after 999 videos, so be careful!
Each video has 3 files:
Set Playmemories Home Folder Date Format
Set File Name Prefix
Set the first three characters of the file name for images saved in the camera. This feature does not work. Sony does not care.
Select the entry field for the file name to display by using the virtual keyboard that appears next, and then enter three characters of your choice. The file name will be applied to both slot 1 and slot 2.